Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's Introduction Time!

My name is Petra. Here I am with my husband, Bram.


This picture was taken on our wedding day which was less than a month ago.

I didn't make a blog to talk about our wedding day though, even though it was thoroughly awesome, I made a blog to relay all the awesomeness that is still to come. To explain the reason for that, let me first explain a bit of our history:

Nearly two years ago I met Bram. Cue violins; we clicked and fell in love.. So naturally six months after we met he got a job offer in New York, which is pretty far away from the Netherlands where we both lived. But they made him an offer he couldn't refuse and there he went, leaving me half a world away...

The following year was spent visiting as much as possible, and emailing and trying to remain patient when visiting wasn't possible. But patience isn't my strong suit, and after it became apparent that Bram's stay in New York would be prolonged by a year we decided to make things official and that I would move to New York as well for the remaining time.

So this is where we are now. Bram went back to New York last week, I'm currently packing up my stuff and moving out of my apartment in order to join my brand new husband overseas.

We're leaving a lot of family and friends behind for the time being, and keeping people up to date using social media proved to be incomplete and confusing a lot of times. That is where this blog comes in.

This is where I will extensively elaborate on my experiences in the biggest of apples, where I will post a lot of pictures and where I will drunkenly (and sometimes soberly) blurt out any and all sentimental musings and inappropriate commentaries. I will probably also occasionally reminisce some more on the rollercoaster that has been our life for the last two years. 

That's about it for now. If you want to find out more, stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment